Swing2App recently release a new feature for the WebView apps. Earlier if a user wanted to convert their website to an app and wanted to send push notifications to users then they had to make Push-only prototype of apps only but now the WebView prototype app users can also send and receive unlimited push notifications with the simple integration of OneSignal with Swing2App.
This tutorial and OneSignal integration is working only in Web-View prototype only.
Let’s check out the step by step process of integration.
SETTING ONESIGNAL ACCOUNT ON ONESIGNAL DASHBOARD
Subscribe to the services of OneSignal on https://www.onesignal.com
- Once you are done with the signup, on the dashboard, click ‘New App/Website’
2. Fill in the relevant details.
- Input your app name
- Choose platform (Google Android)
- Click Configure Your Platform
- Select Google Android in Settings page.
- Input Firebase Server Key , Sender ID
You can refer how to get server key and sender ID
Similarly, setup OneSignal Platform (Apple iOS) (if you are not using iOS , you can skip this )
- Go to platform -> Click Apple iOS
- Input p12 file
- Input Production Private Key Password
- p12 file and password will be provided by Swing2App. To get the p12 file and password, please drop an email as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: For this, your app should be first released to the App Store.
INTEGRATING ONESIGNAL ACCOUNT WITH SWING2APP
- You would have to setup OneSignal on Maker(V2) page of the same app.
- Go to Maker(V2)
- Click on Advanced
2. Input OneSignal App ID on swing2app and click Update.
How to find OneSignal app ID on OneSignal dashboard
- Go to your OneSignal app
- Click Keys & IDs
Sending Push Notification on OneSignal dashboard
- Go to Messages.
- Click New Push.
- A message screen will open.
- Input Message and Setting message option
Tip. If you want to send push notification as link then click
– Input “link” on KEY in additional data
– Input the URL in Value field.
Once all the information is entered the message settings, click Confirm and Send Message.
You can send push notification via OneSignal its unlimited and free.
You can utilize sending another option provided by OneSignal. Push notification will be sent only to the users who has installed the user’s app.